WCGC Open gyms are available to both current students and the general public. Open gym is the perfect opportunity to come check out what our gym has to offer. Already a student? Open gym is a wonderful time to work on skills or show family members what you are learning in class. A WCGC staff member is always on hand to supervise and answer questions. An electronic waiver must be filled out before participation. There are no shoes, food, or open drinks allowed in any of our gyms.
Fun For ALL!
Open Gym Guidelines
Parents and caregivers: Please share these guidelines with your child to ensure a great experience for everyone!
- Our open gyms are supervised. There is limited instruction. Please work on skills that are at your skill level.
- No Adults on any of the gymnastics equipment.
- No food or drink allowed in gym (Child may bring a closed water bottle into the main gym and placed on the shelf in the corner)
- No shoes allowed in any of the gyms.
- Children that are ages 5 and under must always be accompanied by an adult in the gym. This adult must stay near the child to assist in basic gym safety.
- One at a time on the tramp. (Preschool open gym the tramp may be divided by a panel mat, thus allowing 2 children to jump).
- No flipping on tramp unless the child has been properly instructed by a WCGC staff member.
- The Tumble Tramp is one way. Please walk down the side to get back in line.
- Always land feet 1st in the pit.
- When coming off the rope push rope away from face.
- Children may only use the warped wall when an adult or WCGC staff member is present. There is NO using the 3rd wall during Open Gym. Children must come down the wall by using the fireman’s pole or climbing down the way they went up. Absolutely NO jumping from the top.
- The raised platform bars are off limits except to current WCGC team members.
- Children are limited to the low bars. No swing on any high bars unless a staff member is present AND you are on a WCGC team.
- Children are expected to stay in the gym. Hallways and bathrooms will be monitored regularly.
- We ask that the older children be mindful of the younger kids.
- WCGC staff will sit out any child that is not following our rules. If the unruly behavior continues, the child will be asked to leave.