Please arrive 5 minutes early. Please place all personal belongings as well as shoes and socks in the cubbies*. All class students should wait quietly behind the cubbies for their class to be called except for evening preschool students who should wait upstairs as their class will begin and end in the upstairs preschool room. All children in the waiting area should be supervised by an adult until their class is called.
*WCGC is not responsible for items left in the cubbies.
Parents and relatives may observe from the viewing areas only. Please do not distract or “coach” your child from the viewing area in any way. The viewing area is for quietly viewing the gym… it is your responsibility to make sure that any other children that you have with you are quietly viewing, studying, or playing.
My Child Is Not Potty Trained?
You must stay to watch class if your child is unable to use the restroom by his/herself. Coaches are NOT able to assist children in the rest room at any time.
Please meet your child promptly in the lobby at the end of their class. Children may never wait or play outside without adult supervision. If you are going to be late… please call the front desk and let us know.
- Leotard or tight fitting athletic attire or t-shirt and shorts. T-shirts should not be baggy and should be tucked in if they are not tight fitting. No spaghetti straps or bare midriffs.
- Hair that touches the shoulders must be tied back in a pony tail or braid. Hair must be tied back out of the face. No bobby pins or other hard hair accessories.
- No zippers, buttons, snaps or other hard objects on your clothing
- No tights, skirts, or skirted leotards
- No jewelry
- No watches or electronic devices (Apple Watches, Fitbits etc)
- No socks or shoes for preschool, gymnastics, or ninja classes.
- Tumbling classes may wear cheer shoes as long as they are not worn outside and they are clean.
Open Wounds / Warts
Open wounds and warts must be covered with a bandage and athletic tape before class. Small amounts of athletic tape are available for free at the front desk.
Any person with a contagious illness, persistent cough or persistent runny nose is asked to stay home.
Weather closings will be posted on our website. You may also be informed of a weather closing by email or text message or on our Facebook page.
Open Gym Guidelines
Parents and caregivers: Please share these guidelines with your child to ensure a great experience for everyone!
- Our open gyms are supervised. There is limited instruction. Please work on skills that are at your skill level.
- No Adults on any of the gymnastics equipment.
- No food or drink allowed in gym (Child may bring a closed water bottle into the main gym and placed on the shelf in the corner)
- No shoes allowed in any of the gyms.
- Children that are ages 5 and under must always be accompanied by an adult in the gym. This adult must stay near the child to assist in basic gym safety.
- One at a time on the tramp. (Preschool open gym the tramp may be divided by a panel mat, thus allowing 2 children to jump).
- No flipping on tramp unless the child has been properly instructed by a WCGC staff member.
- The Tumble Tramp is one way. Please walk down the side to get back in line.
- Always land feet 1st in the pit.
- When coming off the rope push rope away from face.
- Children may only use the warped wall when an adult or WCGC staff member is present. There is NO using the 3rd wall during Open Gym. Children must come down the wall by using the fireman’s pole or climbing down the way they went up. Absolutely NO jumping from the top.
- The raised platform bars are off limits except to current WCGC team members.
- Children are limited to the low bars. No swing on any high bars unless a staff member is present AND you are on a WCGC team.
- Children are expected to stay in the gym. Hallways and bathrooms will be monitored regularly.
- We ask that the older children be mindful of the younger kids.
- WCGC staff will sit out any child that is not following our rules. If the unruly behavior continues, the child will be asked to leave.